Saturday, May 11, 2013

About time, too....


About time I got back to blogging - I have missed it so!  I've missed the great contact and comments and instead have been enjoying (?) the stupid spammers that have found my blog, with a vengeance!  I thought it would never happen to me, but I'm actually contemplating using one of the phrase and number hard to read things for people leaving comments....sorry about this!  I find them incredibly hard to read when I leave comments on other's blogs, but now I see the value in it if it slows down this automatically generated idiotic nonsense.


I'm excited to announce is the fact that my work is going to be in a book that is coming out in the summer.  It's written and conceived by the always energetic Cynthia Tinapple who blogs weekdays on Polymer Clay Daily!  Just recently, she celebrated the count of 2000 posts on her blog, so you can understand that she has seen a lot of polymer - so, it's a great honour to be chosen for inclusion in this book.  I hope you'll enjoy my section when you see it - and all of the other artists selected from around the world! I'm certain that the book will live up to it's name  - Polymer Clay Global Perspectives.  You can read more about it here.  You'll see lots of familiar work on the cover!  I can't wait till it comes out on July 30th....







'About time, too'  is the phrase that rings in my head every time I tackle some task that has fallen by the wayside.  There's been a lot of that lately. Now that we're finally past the season of winter hibernation and endless sickness (a terrible winter for that...), some of those jobs are being started and finished...unfinished pieces sitting in my workspace....organizing and listing the massive amount of finished work I've dithered about...taxes, ugh.....writing tutorials......but most importantly, trying to decide where each idea in my work is going and how it can evolve:  my own form of spring cleaning!  Well, perhaps the only form of spring cleaning I really like...

And really, it is all about time, yes - sadly - not enough of it!  Can I have back those teenage summers now?  You know, the ones that seemed endless at the time?

I'll be back very soon soon with some photos of new work, and I'll be giving a time and date for an Etsy shop update.  I'm sitting on a lot of work that I had to think about.  Enough thinking,  I 'm certain.  See you very soon.

3 comments:

A Polymer Penchant said...

Can't wait to see - all of it!

Genevieve said...

Glad to hear the hibernation has ended and I'm looking forward to seeing what you are up to!

PipnMolly said...

Congratulations on the book entry. Wonderful and well deserved !! Looking forward to your new stuff as well.