Monday, August 29, 2011

What I got for my bead soup!

Just thought I'd post about what I got for my Bead Soup from my partner in California, Cherrie Fick.

I'm pretty sure this will be a challenge for me simply because I usually make supplies, and struggle greatly with putting anything together.  This is why I join the Bead Soup Party, really.  It forces me to confront my fear of decision-making in the making of jewelry!  And because I'm working with things I may not have ever have thought to choose for myself, it broadens my horizons considerably.

Cherrie sent me a lovely selection of stones, bones, ceramic and glass and a lovely clasp by my dear missficklemedia.  I already have a couple of ideas which will present these in a different way!  I will publish another altered photo as a sneek peak when I get a little closer to finishing the piece.






 Please note the extraordinary and subtle range of yellows, ochres, oranges, reds and browns that she has sent for me to try.  Lovely!   Included are ceramic ( the flower focal), glass, bone, carnelian, agate and copper.  Can't wait to get at it as I know it will take me quite a bit of time to do the components justice...


Many thanks, Cherrie!  Hope you can work with what I sent!




4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Yea for stepping outside of your comfort zone! Can't wait to see what you do with this. And Miss Cherrie is the nicest person. What a treat to work with her!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

MÂȘ Reyes said...

Es precioso. Besos

Jenni said...

Ooh yummy...love the colors...almost edible! Will definitely see what you do with them.
Jenni

Stories They Tell said...

Nice selection of items and I can't wait to see you work with those colors :-) Yay for pushing the envelope and working outside our comfort zone! Can't wait to see what you come up with.