Friday, November 25, 2011

Just a baking fool....

Yup, the rush to the 25th day has begun!  Somewhere back before Halloween, I agreed to put forth my labour for a fundraiser run by my neighbour.  Because, I like to bake, right? My neighbour and her mother have been running this charity for 30 years, which supports women and children in need in the Ottawa area.  It appeals to my thinking about the way  a charity can work well - that is to say, locally donated and administered, with lots of volunteer labour.  I can't donate a lot of money because I can't actually spare it, but I can give my time.  Especially to a cause that supports women.



It's been interesting working out the kinks with making perfect shortbreads (and this group has an army of other volunteers squirrelled away making goodies, so it is very profitable) in a ceramic pan from the Brown Bag cookie company.  I finally have it down ( and I'm writing it down so I don't forget how to do it) so just ask me if you ever need to know.


So, if I've seemed a little distant and uncommunicative, this is why.  It has taken much longer than I thought it would (doesn't everything - when will I ever learn? ) and I still have 20 left to make out of 70.  They are pretty though, and they taste wonderful!  Hasn't helped my tendency to pack on pounds, either.  The good news is that I am, for the moment, officially sick of shortbread!  But the testing was brutal.....



Must be done and packed by Dec. 1st.


Well, if you can't have texture in polymer, then have it in shortbread, I say....

4 comments:

Roberta said...

My, you have been busy! Yes you are missed but as long as it is for a good cause! See you soon when it is over!

3circlestudio said...

The shortbread looks similar to that baked by a Scottish lady my parents knew. She would be close to a 100 if she still lived. Good shortbread's hard to find and not easy to bake. I've tried. Yours looks divine!

Courtney said...

Those are beautiful and look amazing!

Genevieve said...

Well where have I been? These are just gorgeous!