Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas ornaments from the Art Bead Scene Blog hop

Here's the list for the Art Bead Scene ornament hop:

Art Bead Scene Blog

I've been making lots of pendants these days (or experimenting anyway...), and somehow along the way they became ornaments for my tree!  There are 4 pointed and 5 pointed stars, discs, a tree and a slightly spirally leaf.  All of these have textures from my own texture plates and color from alcohol inks and metallic rubs.  They are really quite simple, but I love the glowing colors.  Guess I'm trying to reproduce in these the wonderful glowy Christmas tree light colors I remember from my youth...I think that the ecologically correct LED lights just aren't the same.  Sigh.

Excuse the  overabundance of pictures, no time to make a mosaic today!  Enjoy the hop!















Going to get my tree soon, the kids have been asking....

17 comments:

stregata said...

They look intriguing, Claire!

steufel said...

Great sneak - I'll be back, that is for sure:-)

Marie Cramp said...

They turned out wonderfully! I love the bright colours, they remind me of my granny's tree with all those vintage tree ornaments! Perfectly captured <3

SueBeads said...

They are all so beautiful, I just love your work!

Caitlin @ Hardly Housewives said...

These are SO cool! I love ornaments that are festive without being too Christmasy - here's one I made with similar colors:

http://www.hardlyhousewives.com/2011/12/3-ingredient-ornament.html

Lori Bowring Michaud said...

WOW! Amazing colors. Splendid!

Roberta said...

They are beautiful just like all your work.

Spirited Earth said...

great colors, very festive

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Your creations are gorgeous! Love them all. The vivid colors are fantastic and will definitely brighten up your tree!

Maria said...

Very colorful and oh so pretty!

maryharding said...

so beautiful!!!!

Janina Grigore Jewellery said...

ah, these look absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours, the shapes, everything! They're just perfect :)

TesoriTrovati said...

Oh how pretty! They do look like they are glowing from within. Thank you for sharing these pretty ornaments! Enjoy the day. Erin

JuLee said...

Oh my gosh, these are beautiful. I love the colors, the texture, the shapes....Everything!

DianaG said...

Waaay cool! I love them and will be back...

DianaG said...

Waaay cool! Will be back...

Gold Charm said...

Very nice blending of colors...they are not easy colors to blend,and the effect is also very dramatic.Very nice pieces.