Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Voila is good to me!

Yesterday I found out that I was a 'polymerista' for the month of December on the European Clay site Voila!  It's always exciting when these things sneak up on you, when you suddenly recognize your work staring you in the face on another site.  All the more exciting as it was for a set of beads that I'm particularly fond of - another in my series of beads using metallic paints and finishes, and tiles.  This set resulted from consciously limiting the clay and colours I could use - blue and gold metallic and white clay.  Well, some black acrylic paint did creep in there, but that's where I'm at these days - enjoying the look of applied time, I guess!  (Time in a bottle..)


These beads vanished from my Etsy shop the day I posted them, so I'm thinking further experimentation is required.  Let's hope I don't start to complicate these, I'm famous for adding layers of unneccessary fussiness that kills the visual effect.  Think simple, simple....
I'll be back in a couple of days to tackle the bracelet brigade.

10 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Congrats! I love that finish on those beads. Yes! More please!
Enjoy the day.
Erin

MargitB said...

Hi Claire, congrats for being the polymerista of the month... this does not surprise me because your beads are so beautiful, wish to visit a work shop to learn how to achieve the effect

Courtney said...

Your work is beautiful! I see why they disappeared immediately!

Its All About Creating said...

Congratulations! Your pieces are exquisite. Very different and can't wait to see more.

Flowermouse Design said...

I love these beads and the magic you made with them. Stunning work - and you deserve all the credit for your extraordinary work!!!!

Genevieve said...

Thrilled to see you (and these beads) recognized! They are wonderfully "worn" (I like your time in a bottle analogy...I may quote you.)

Birgitta Lejonklou said...

Congrats!
I can well see why they were not listed for long .....
I think many would like to get a chance on similar beads (like me)
Birgitta

Claire Maunsell said...

Thank you for all your enthusiastic comments! ( I looove comments...)

Christine Damm said...

Congrats on Voila! Claire and well-deserved, I say! I adore those beads and yes, it's so hard to KISS! But you have achieved it!

Flowermouse Design said...

Don´t forget to pick up your Blog with substance award at: http://flowermouse.blogspot.com/

Congratulations!!!