Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bead table Wednesday

I 've had a long absence from bead table Wednesday, but I love to look every week.  I'm still working my way through the Bead Soup Blog Party.  I am almost two thirds of the way through...so many interesting components and solutions to be seen.  I know it will take me a while longer as I'm doing about 10 a day - pairs, that is!

Here's what's going on my table,  a whole lot of photography!  I've given up on the natural light setup except in desperate circumstances and have decided to do a  little permanent photography 'cave' with these tiles.  I can use light colored backdrops in the 'cave' when I get sick of the dark, but for now, it's working and it's quick and easy...I can also use a custom light reading on the camera that reads the contrast fairly well and is, of course, not as fickle as sunlight (or lack thereof).

There  in my cave are the recently finished sets and singles to be listed on Etsy, Zibbet etc.  This has been a fairly productive week and I am pleased to get stuff moving along.  I love to look at the colours all together and notice that this week, red and pink with blue featured prominently.  Some stuff has been sitting around while I thought about it, some for quite a while.


Some flat connectors which have been popular....




More pod sets, I'm still loving the exploration of surface...
Will soon vary the forms a little...



Some sculptural 3 dimensional pods - not every one's cup of tea, but fun to look at!


And rough, but also moving along, is my prototype toggle, very rough and it hasn't been colored yet, but I'm going to finish and use it myself to see how it functions - the first shot is together, obviously ,and the second shows the independent bits.




Have some more ideas along this line - I guess I'll see what happens!
Off the the bead table  Wednesday group on Flickr to see what's happening.

13 comments:

Courtney said...

I love your work!

Genevieve said...

what a fantastic toggle! can't wait to see that color!

what kind of lights are you using for your cave?

Birgitta Lejonklou said...

LOL ....that toggle has a VERY feminine look ...so to speak :)

and the pods are just gorgeous!!

Claire Maunsell said...

Was wondering who would say it first Birgitta....SO true!

Marie Cramp said...

Very fun new pieces Claire :)

les éthiopiques said...

Je suis décidément fan de chacune de vos réalisation.

Claire Maunsell said...

Hi Genevieve, I use halogen floods in regular desk lamps for illumination - need two to avoid graininess!

Stories They Tell said...

OK, when I first saw your toggle on Flickr, I was noticing the fiber embedded in the clay and didn't realize how the whole thing fit together-- wowee! It couldn't get more organic--looks like it is all one piece and when put together is not recognizable as a clasp. It's like the idea of the clay-covered earth magnet clasp but so much more elegant and interesting. Bravo!

Aquariart said...

Love your pods, such wonderful colors and textures!!

Manuela said...

I have been looking to your pods for some days now and every day I come here I feel like I am seeing them the first time. You can say that I am really in love with them ☺ and first of all with these beatiful colors. Amazing.

Alice Stroppel said...

Your work is fabulous! Each piece is an eye feast.
Alice

oooLiekeooo said...

WOW! I like your work!

Palimpa Lim said...

Oh Claire, the toggle is just brilliant!!! I so, so hope it will stand your test and a similar one will make it into your etsy shop! It's mine, then ;)
At first I wanted to write the female thing, but then I saw that Birgitta already said it. She's so right :D