Monday, July 9, 2012

Shamefully overdue shop update

Just to let anyone know who might be interested that I'll be doing a big shop update at noon tomorrow. I have been diligent about working and finishing, but so much less so about listing.  I confess that I have at least 150 listings to add to my shop - by this, I mean work that is finished, tagged and ready to be photographed and written up.  There won't be 150 new listings tomorrow, but there will definitely be close to 30 or so -  some pods sets, some single pods, and some interesting new beads in sets, pairs and singles.  ( and some old bead friends as well.....)


I can’t explain this delay except to say that lately, I’ve felt compelled to experiment continuously with all kinds of stuff. Some ideas have proved to be fertile and interesting directions, others… not so much…but – I feel compelled to try anyway.  As though it were a race to the idea I have in my mind.  This may have something to do with the fact that the polymer world changes so rapidly and images and ideas go viral almost instantly.  For me, this creates a self-imposed tension ( I stress the self here) to try to resolve ideas and incorporate them into my vocabulary.  Perhaps a kind of ‘taking possession ‘ of the idea!  It’s ridiculous really, but there it is.

I think I just need to turn off the computer for a while…except to list, of course!


Listings will go live at Noon tomorrow in my Etsy shop!




                                                             IMG_0016

                                           


            If you’re wondering what these are, well….


I think my kids might think I’m a little nuts getting out the camera to take picture of the sanded paint ridges on my old, old front door.  My wonderful kids are helping me with painting the trim on the front of the house – you know, sanding, scraping, primer, then 3 coats instead of the optimistic one coat you were hoping for.
I didn’t sand these cracks until after the first coat of the final paint  ( shoulda…).  But the paintings created by sanding back through the layers are so beautiful in their simplicity.                            
                      



              IMG_0010

              IMG_0008                               IMG_0013




And now they are gone…

Permanently covered by 2 more coats of this blue (totally influenced choice after seeing the Van Gogh exhibition…).  I will play with these images in my computer and see what else can happen!



2 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Oh shoot, wish I had waited to purchase my beads so I could see what's in the update. maybe you haven't shipped them yet....?

these photos are so cool. At first glance, I thought they were like Satellite views of some island or body of water. Neat!

Stories They Tell said...

We managed to get one coat on our house-- as my blog mentioned, not an easy task in VT in the summer! But we were buying some Annie Sloan Chalk paint today and the decorator had a fabulous bench made from wood she said had come from old rowboats-- layers and layers of color, sanded down and collaged. Fabulous! Maybe you should just sand down to see the layers mix and wax the danged thing!