Saturday, February 6, 2010

Credit where it's due...

 I realized that in my haste to post about printing on baked clay I neglected to give credit to the person who invented it - shame on me!  You can read all about it on Foah Designs website.  I was very hesitant to try it because printers and I have a long history of disasters together, but eventually I convinced myself by acknowledging that my printer was already 10 years old and I would love a new one anyway.  If you follow her directions exactly in the tutorial,  it works perfectly!  I love the qualities of the finished print.  It is perfect for flat applications ( but sadly not for beads, I'm still researching that..), but the print is fragile and needs to be protected with a layer of liquid polymer for durability.

I think Foah Designs is Pam Hall.  I'm guessing this from looking at  her Etsy shop - but I'm going to email her and thank her for sharing the results of her experimentation!

Here is a picture of one of her lovely wallets made using this technique:

2 comments:

Doreen said...

That technique is really interesting. Thank you for showing it. I wonder how stable the inks are and if they will fade over time. I think your pendent for Valentine's Day is really nice!

missficklemedia.com said...

Oh wow. Just. Wow.