Friday, March 12, 2010

Ancient goodness

A big hurrah for customers.  Sometime they ask for things and send you in directions you probably wouldn't have considered.  A truly loyal customer asked me for lentil transfer beads, so I made some!  Just like that!
They are a bit of a pain to make, but I like the way they turned out:  Kind of irregular and ancient parchmenty.  Again, these are hollow so they are very lightweight - the large one is about 2 in. square.

After working with transfers a bit, I would say that the hardest part for me (after the obvious technical glitches) is the choice of the image and the SIZE that it needs to be to work effectively on the finished piece.
More to come on Monday...

4 comments:

Doreen said...

These are so absolutely wonderful!! I love this shape too! Makes me want to try a transfer again :)

Genevieve said...

They are just fantastic! Thats a good customer who saw the possibility...and you rose to the challenge.

missficklemedia.com said...

These are amazing!
I love the "parchment" look.
I know exactly what you mean, I so grateful for my customers and their creative ideas, they really help me think out of the box.

romantic decay said...

I just discovered your blog. The beads are beautiful. Love the muted colors!