Friday, March 19, 2010

the path to pure

Very exciting day - my new beads were featured on Polymer Clay Daily, due to the post that Genevieve Williamson ( of  jibby and juna ) did about the use of other craft techniques in polymer.  She kindly mentions my shop and blog in her first paragraph.  I always jump in shock when my work appears on PCD - pleasurable shock , but shock all the same!  Thank you, Cynthia!

Ok, no laughing... I actually think I'm making some progress on using straight polymer - that is, designing in colour in the polymer and resisting the urge to smear paint all over it.  I vowed in an earlier post to use this pendant as a starting point and these striped strata beads are the result.  I can think of many different ways to use this technique, so I intend to have some fun being a pure polymer maker for a bit.


Now, having found a way in, I can relax and play with the colours for a while and see what happens... I'll let you know.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the work that I've seen you do so far, so I have no doubt that you'll be coming up something really cool!

Doreen said...

Good for you! I'm glad you succeeded with just the polymer. Congratulations on the Polymer Clay Daily showcase too. I usually work with just the polymer, but am trying out some new techniques with paint....and I want to try your transfer technique.

Elizabeth said...

Truly gorgeous.

Cindy said...

...coming up 'with' something really cool...might sound better that way ;-)

artybecca said...

You're trying to resist the paint and even though I've worked with paint for other crafts, I've never even tried it with clay! There are so many colors possible with clay alone that I've never yet felt like the addition of paint was needed.

missficklemedia.com said...

That oval is wonderful.