Thursday, April 1, 2010

Choosing to challenge yourself

In yet another moment of madness, I decided to make a necklace for this month's Art bead scene challenge.  I could have been listing in my shop, or riding my bike or reading a good book - but no!  Having wrestled all day with this I finally have something I could add to the pool. There is some tremendous work there, go and look!  It's not even all polymer! Look here..

  I did find it helpful to try out some things I've been thinking about for a while.  The wonderful thing about ideas that you haven't attempted is that they are always pristine and perfect in your mind.  AND, they can stay that way like perfect small jewels in your brain until reality sets in (when you try it out) and you discover all the hideous flaws in your perfect scheme...then you just roll with it !  I'm getting better at not being disappointed and petulant.  Now I just keep trying.  This is how you learn a material.

This was the inspiration:  I love it...



This was what I made.  Just squeaked in by the skin of my teeth (timewise)!  It's a very literal interpretation, but you have to start somewhere.

No comments: