Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cleaning therapy

I know I've mentioned before that I'm a less than stellar housekeeper.  There are exceptions to that, though, particularly when I'm cleaning my studio space.  A very particular pleasure....Yesterday I spent the afternoon cleaning and organizing my space and evaluating work in progress.  I had made 3 or 4 dozen sturdy origami boxes over the course of the last two weeks to help me organize all of my stuff.  And while doing that, I made myself decide whether to keep something (continue working with it) or pitch it!






It was an interesting process!  I found a lot of stuff that I had parked/abandoned while I flitted onto some other idea - not surprising as my polymer mind is definitely a bit flighty these days.  This is stuff that I will rework/finish.  Also, happily, I did find stuff to pitch, which tells me that I have grown a little in this medium, or I have at least determined ways that will not work for me.  It was also sobering to look at the work I have to do, but also a pleasure to be able to find everything in an instant!  I will keep it like this, I will!  It had reached the point that I couldn't concentrate on one thing because of the other ideas intruding from all sides.  Now they are safely in their boxes on their trays ranked by urgency...to be tackled another time.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

I'm definitely inspired! I have so much work mid-process and it needs to be organized in some fashion.

Doreen said...

Oh, how I'd love to take a look in all those little boxes!