Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another unexpectedly wonderful day

Mother's day was good, now Tuesday was excellent!  What next, pray tell!

Half way through the morning I clued in to the fact that Cynthia Tinapple had featured my newest beads on Polymer Clay Daily - here, if you don't know her site.

Now, when you are learning, a site like this is an incredibly valuable and instant resource for all things polymer.  When I am feeling lazy or lacking inspiration, I go back through her archives and just enjoy it all, with open mind, soaking it in, marvelling at people's inventiveness and ingenuity, and getting excited all over again AND - this is the big thing - making connections about techniques and aesthetic decisions that I probably missed the first time around because I was too new to the medium.  So, yes, it's an honour to be part of that!  Thank you, Cynthia! 

Of course, I don't just look at polymer sites.  Lately, I've been looking at a lot of felt artists and I always check out glass because I was a glass artist and it's a habit...but I'm going to leave you with a couple of photos of felt artist Andrea Graham's work, (she's a friend of a friend whose work I've just discovered) just because sometimes it's good to look in other places and her work is luminous and the forms just send me!

You can find her website here, and her blog here!




4 comments:

Carol G said...

I really like your work! I saw it on Polymer Clay Daily and went straight to your Etsy site! I also like felt work, which is another thing I enjoyed about your post. Her color blending with the dyes is beautiful. I will be buying more from you in the future.

Genevieve said...

OK...hands down, without a doubt, the most incredible felt work I have seen! Thank you for posting about Andrea - I look forward to following her work.

Andrea Graham- Feltmaker said...

Thank you, Claire!

missficklemedia.com said...

These are fascinating! Thank you for sharing her work.