Monday, May 10, 2010

The end of my (mother's) day

We don't make much fuss over Mother's day in our family - my husband and I call our mothers and do the phone thing.  Every family has not its traditions, I guess.  We went for a beautiful hike in Parc de la Gatineau, a 10 kilometre hike with some very strenuous climbing.  There was fresh snow on all the greenery and trillium flowers - it was quite strange, but lovely and most unusual.  Sorry, no photos because I forgot the camera.

So Mother's day might have passed unremarked, except that this appeared on my bedside table in the evening.  It made me cry a little - such a wonderful thing to get from your almost 13 year old ( in two weeks).  I can't help but post it.




Can't help but feel that the teen years hold a lot of promise...enjoy them!

3 comments:

Christine Damm said...

You know, this kinda brings a tear to my eye too-- it's lovely and reminds me of making cards for my mom for Mother's Day and long time ago. Treasure it, I'm sure you will.

Mindful Musings said...

Wonderful!!! I love the bit, "you do nearly all the chores"!

missficklemedia.com said...

This was heart warming.

"You do nearly all the chores." How cute is that?

Happy Belated Mama's Day!