Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My first (formal) sale...

Just to let you know that while I feel my way back into the work I'm exploring, I've decided to have my first sale on Etsy.  For real, official, for true, everything 20% off, until next Tuesday...and for anyone out there who reads my blog regularly, I'm going to steal the idea of the wonderful jibbyandjuna and offer you wonderful people a special coupon to use (should you be so inclined...) that will give you 25% off.  Just use 'SecretValentine2011' at checkout to get your discount.

At the moment, I'm still working on hollow bracelets and beads, and I'm looking for someone to test drive one of my split ring bracelets before I start to sell them.  You know, wear it, comment on it, possibly break it...that sort of thing.  I'd like to have some kind of idea of durability because it's possible that I'm too careful with them.  This is a sans cost opportunity (I would ship it to you), so just drop a comment if you'd be interested.  If there are more than a couple of comments, I'll draw for it.
  Some simple striped and etched beads.

Also this month, I've jumped into the 'Bead Soup Blog Party'. (Click the button at the bottom right for more information, should be a blast!)  This makes me confront my greatest insecurity .....putting stuff togther!  It is a great exercise, so be sure to check out everyone's results in February.

14 comments:

Anart Island Studio said...

..I would be more than happy to test one of your rings ( if you like to shipp to me, that is) ;-))

Courtney said...

Oh, would love to be a "test wearer"! Your pieces are great.

MargitB said...

Hi Claire, oh yeah, I'd very proud if I'd get the chance to test your wonderful split ring...
I'm not quite sure if you received my mail via etsy???? If not: I wanted to say thank you for the wonderful beads, love all items so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Margit

Lorelei Eurto said...

i'll be your test driver, for sure!

Kate said...

I would be happy to test drive your ring if you still need someone. I see you have several volunteers already :) I have 3 boys under 5 so if it survives 1 of my days I think you could safely call it a success!

Evelyn said...

i'm interested as well! (if you don't mind shipping to Canada)

Cathryn said...

Bracelets Man! I'm all about the bracelets...but I have to go check out your sale first...even though I won't get paid until NEXT MONTH! Can I just drool some--I'll clean up after myself--Promise!

Genevieve said...

Think of it as borrowing...not stealing ;-)

Pretty Things said...

I LOVE those. Want those. They remind me of tribal wall paintings for some reason. Anyway -- love.

Christine Damm said...

I love those bracelets! Absolutely I would wear one-- I always test wear my stuff too. It's always better to find any flaws before it gets to the customer.

Cory said...

Love these beads...happy to test anything anytime...even in the Arizona heat.

Clayworks by Lisa Boucher said...

Congratulations on your first (formal) sale! Your work is beautiful. Really unsual - love the colors. Can't wait to see your bead soup creation as well. Lisa

diane cook said...

Very interesting beads....can't wait to see your soup! Bet is it just as interesting =)
diane

Gera Scott Chandler said...

Always LOVE your work Claire! any chance you'll be at Morrisberg for the clay Gathering there?
gera