Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One thing

Somehow a month of precious time has slithered by.  I won't even ask how that happened, or what that month has been filled with - driving various members of these family to their appointed cultural and sportive events, I think.  Before January and February arrive, I always think they will be filled with a calm and purposeful review of my work  and where it's going, and most excitingly, the development of all those ideas that have been waiting in the wings!  The good thing is that the ideas haven't gone....
I'll just have to learn how to join in to that rushing flow of time more easily....

The first thing to announce (because I really did have two things to talk about here) is the results of the draw for testing my hollow bracelets.  I decided to draw two names from my list of 14 people who commented on my post, because really, you can't test something enough before seeing it out into the world!  Using the handy dandy online random number generator  brought me two numbers -1 and 10!  Going by my list, that turns out to be Anke Humpert of Anartisland, and Christine Damm of Stories they tell.  That's pretty exciting!  I'll be contacting them to see if they are still willing!  And as an aside, so sorry I didn't draw Evelyn, as it turns out that she lives about 12 km. from me, just across the river! 

I did make a few interesting beads this month:  as always, some helpful customers prodded me in the right direction.  A series of highly decorative pods emerged, as a continuation of other work I've done, but mixed with the surfaces I've been exploring recently.  Some very stylized and some not so...

Here's a grouping:
A token gesture to Valentine's Day -
And more eyes to stare at you...
As it turns out, I have another post to do today!  I have received the package from my Bead Soup Blog partner, and I will return later with photos....

7 comments:

Fiona said...

I lurve those blue ones. The textures you get are amazing.

Anart Island Studio said...

OMG!!! I just noticedyou picked ME to test for you!!! And for sure I am still ready to test for you! I am soooo lucky....;-)) Please let me know what information you need from me...;-)) Thank you for this great oportunity!

Desert Rubble said...

That grouping of beads is so awesome, I just love all the muted colors you use.
Lynn

Jenni C said...

I LOVE those pods, the blue and purple ones are just exquisite! Great photos too.
Jenni

Birgitta Lejonklou said...

All very lovely and I am so happy I have those hearts on my bead table ! Im a lucky one :)

Heather said...

Love your clay beads!! Wow, So glad I found you!

Libby Leuchtman said...

I stopped by your blog because of Bead Soup and found another pod lover. I too am in love with the pod shape and have been exploring them in glass. Hope you stop by my blog!