Thursday, February 24, 2011

A small peek before Saturday...

Finally, I'm finished!  

I succeeded in completing my Bead Soup Blog Party piece two days before needed, which makes me happy as I usually go down to the wire on every deadline.  I won't say much about it before Saturday, except to say that it proved as much of a challenge as I thought would be.  Honestly, I'm hopeless at putting jewelry together, all huge thumbs and doing things five times over before I get it right.  I have such respect for the the people out there who do this successfully for a living ( ie. our hostess...).  I must have rearranged things a million times before even starting....please, someone, tell me the process CAN flow more smoothly than this!

It also gave me more insight into what I've been doing most of lately, that is, making components for other jewelry makers - how elements and components might be redesigned to work better, look better and attach better.  So, whatever my piece looks like (amateurish), the time spent doing this has been valuable for making beads and other components to sell to people who know what they are doing.  Not so shabby...

I've also confirmed what I suspected - I like to make every part of a piece of jewelry, even the findings - I guess so that it looks like a part of me ( though sadly, perhaps not like a wearable piece of jewelry).  Will have to get more comfortable with metal.



A little bit of fresco filtering from photoshop and Bob's your uncle!  Wow, I wish it really looked like this!
See you on Saturday...

8 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Hot damn! I am so excited to see what you did Claire! I actually have yet to START on mine. Swirling eddies of ideas in my head. I think ultimately it will be multiple pieces because I can't make it all mesh. Working on a different deadline right now. Yep. Getting sidetracked. See you soon in the Soup!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Jenni C said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing your piece Claire, I'm like you it is a struggle to put it all together, I don't get enough practice that's the problem! Anyway, great challenge!
Jenni

Palimpa Lim said...

Claire, I know your piece looks great - can't wait to see it!
I am still working on mine.
See you on reveal day!!!

Kate said...

It's going to be awesome. I can tell already ;) And it's great that you had some self discovery along the way! Always valuable. See you Saturday!

Malin de Koning said...

Curious now. Looks exciting.

But I am sorry to not being able to say it can run more smoothly. For me it hasn't. But at least we are two of a kind.

:-)

Courtney said...

I can't wait to see what you made! It will be wonderful.

Pretty Things said...

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Christine Damm said...

Claire, you and I are of such like minds about jewelry findings! From the first, I tried to make everything that I used and it's been a very valuable exercise. I'm getting pretty comfortable with wire and finding lots of interesting ways to work it into clay.