Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A second thing -

Must be a record for me, two blog posts in one day. 
Yesterday I received my package from my  Bead Soup Blog  Party partner - she is Marie Cramp of Skye Jewels.  I'd  just like to give you a taste of things to come:

the mystery-


 After opening, I have a generous number of beautiful flat tiles with very evocative images.  I know this is going to to a true challenge for me because I rarely, if ever, use images in my work.  Oh , Lori.....

 What I immediately gravitate towards in these tiles is the sepia/magenta/blackness of them, because I work with these colours all the time.  Maybe I'll be able to find a way in...
Also included are lovely brass finish findings, bead caps, chain and a clasp - another challenge, I ususally make everything in polymer.  (Don't despair,  you'll find those pliers somewhere in the mess on your desk).
 And finally, these lovely little glass beads!  The way to an ex-glass blower's heart...something I can always relate to!

I will succeed, I will!  (But it will be difficult).

Thanks for everything, Marie!

6 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Challenges can bring out the best in people. I have no doubt you will rise to the occasion!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Marie Cramp said...

Lovely Post! I can't wait to see what you make! I am about to go post my preview :)

Birgitta Lejonklou said...

I am sure You will make something beautiful and *Clairey*
Actually when i saw the first picture at the post in small from the side of another blog I thought YOU made a pendant or big flat bead with transfer image as I do have many beads with this technique that You made so beautifully :)
It is nice with challenges ...will be back to see how it turnes out
Birgitta

Jenni C said...

Claire, you have some beautiful components there to work with, I am sure you can make them your own. Lovely photos too.
Jenni

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

What a gorgeous collection you received in your 'soup'! Can not wait to see what you create with them. It is always good for your creativity, to be forced to step outside your comfort zone for a tiny bit. The lucky thing for you is that these beads and tiles are so gorgeous, it hardly matters how they are put together. Though with your skills I am sure you will come up with something amazing... even if you find it a challenge!

Boot ~C said...

you got a beautiful palette to use in your soup