Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What's on my table...

Can't believe two weeks have rocketed by.  I do have a number of posts up my sleeve, but today is Wednesday.   So, without, I promise, further carping about the mess on my table, I will show what is lying on it.  Mostly, it has been a finishing up kind of week.  I've had some interesting custom orders which took some time to percolate down from my brain to my hands, and there are some extras which will be going into the shop in the next day.  Mostly pods....all different.  The ones on the outside of the ring are waiting to be finished.







Along with the pods came scrap.  What do you do with your scrap?  I can never resist the temptation to try something with it, as fiddling and poking and altering scrap has in the past generated some of my more interesting work. ( Alarming - what does this bode for my more deliberate work, one wonders?)
I'm thinking connectors and pendants and this is what came out.   Fun, part painting and part collage...
They will arrive in my Etsy shop in the next day or so.





Be sure to head over to Flickr to see what other people in the group are working on! 

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Love. Now am off to your shop! :)

Genevieve said...

Claire those pods are luminous...sort of like dragonfly wings! They are amazing!
Your use of scrap is superb - yes, I thought collage right away. And hey GOOD learning happens when you are playing with scrap, I think.

stregata said...

Breathtaking! And those pods outside the ring in that gorgeous light olive - oh my, so beautiful. Love the colour...

Jenni said...

Amazingly beautiful work... and for 'scraps'. they are just so arty. "waste-not, want- not"...what a good philosophy!
Jenni

Fiona said...

These are beautiful. I need to own some of your work.

Janice said...

Pure lusciousness! Your colors are phenomenal and your scraps are definitely born again! Is that a little crackling I see? Fabulous! Love your work!

Flowermouse Design said...

Claire, every time I visit your blog and see your work I think I´m in heaven. I love your art - and your way around the clay table!!! Thank you for sharing!!

artybecca said...

Not only are the pods super cool, the photo of the pods is fantastic!

Pretty Things said...

Those are so amazing -- like paintings in a museum. SO impressed!